With the internet widespread in our lives, there is no escape from delving deep into it. We can access all sorts of information and data over internet. It is in our hands whether to make optimum use of the information we get on internet or simply waste our time digging our heads into the screen. With all our devices having access to the internet, it has become important to provide a safe online experience for kids. Netgear Smart Parental control or SPC makes the job pretty easy for us. Netgear WiFi routers have in-built solutions for SPC. These solutions provide a variety of ways to manage and monitor your kids’ online activity. So if you have kids at home, then it is always recommended to have these controls activated on your Netgear router as the first thing after you complete your www.routerlogin.net setup. This article is going to give you deep insight into Netgear SPC and how you can upgrade your Netgear router to avail these controls.
What is Netgear Smart Parental Control?
Netgear WiFi routers are built with Smart Parental Control systems which offer solutions to have control over what your child can and cannot do online. It helps to promote good online habits in kids. It also allows you to have restrictions on adult content and harmful websites. SPC also offers you to set internet access schedules and time limits. You can create different profiles with customized rules for different members of the family. Let us now see how you can enable Smart Parental Controls on your Netgear router.
How to Setup Netgear Smart Parental Controls?
This process involves two basic steps. First is to manually install new Netgear SPC firmware and second is to log in to your Netgear router’s web interface or routerlogin.net admin page to enable Netgear SPC. Let’s get started.
Steps to enable SPC Using Nighthawk App
Follow the below-mentioned steps to get your Netgear router installed with smart parental controls using Orbi or Nighthawk app.
- Take your smart phone and launch Orbi or Nighthawk app.
- Sign in using the Netgear router’s admin password.
- You will land on Netgear router Dashboard.
- Tap on Parental Controls option.
- Under Add New Profile, select Set Up option. You can choose to create different profiles for each child..
- Give a name to each profile that you are setting up.
- Tap on Continue.
- Select the devices which your child can access. For example if you want your child to use internet only on laptop then select laptop from the list you see here.
- Tap again on Continue.
- Your new profile is active.
Now, let us move on to next step.
Steps to enable SPC Manually
These are the steps that you will follow to complete the process manually. Here you will be making use of Netgear router’s web-interface www.routerlogin.net and enable your Netgear router with smart parental controls. Here are the steps to complete this process.
- Take your computer or laptop and launch a web browser.
- Type in the web address www.routerlogin.net avoiding any typing errors and hit Enter.
- You will be prompted to enter login credentials. Enter default username and password for Netgear router.
- It will navigate you to Dashboard or Basic home page.
- Click on Parental Controls.
- Simply follow the instructions which you see on the screen.
- Your Netgear router is now SPC enabled.
This completes setup and installation of Netgear Smart Parental Controls on your router. It is quite easy to complete the entire process and can be done by anybody. Thus, if you have kids at home or you want some special restrictions enabled on your Netgear router, then do Netgear routerlogin.net login and get SPC enabled.