Linksys routers are prominent in home based WiFi system. These routers are known to provide steady network and good security features. If you have bought a Linksys router, then it is necessary to carry out the Linksys router setup process prior to start accessing it. If you are trying to set up your home network using Linksys router, then we are here to assist you. Getting your router set up correctly to prevent unwanted users and ensure web security should be your motive. It takes few minutes to get your Linksys router up and working using web address myrouter.local or via Linksys app. This article will guide you through how to get your Linksys router online and start accessing its network. Whether wired or wireless, each Linksys router comes with an internal web-server to assist in its setup process. To access the internet web server you need to first complete Linksys router login process. Now, let’s get started with the prerequisites to perform Linksys router setup.
Before beginning to set up the Linksys router, the first step that you should complete is establish connectivity between the DSL or modem and the Linksys router. Hardwired connections are more reliable. So, to connect the Linksys router to modem or DSL, use an Ethernet cable. Ensure to have a good Ethernet cable and insert both its ends to the respective ports on modem as well as Linksys router. Another thing that you need to begin the process is a computer/Laptop or a smart phone. Once you have the prerequisites, you are ready to get going with the Linksys router setup process.
Linksys Router Setup Using Web Interface
As mentioned earlier, to have the access to the internet web interface to complete the setup process, you should first complete the Linksys router login process. Let us first login to the Linksys router. Keep following the next provided steps to login as well as setup the Linksys router.
- The Linksys router needs to be plugged into power source to begin with the setup process. So, plug it into electrical wall inlet and turn it on.
- Once the lights are stable on the router, move to the next step.
- Take a computer or a laptop or a smart phone and launch any web browser of your choice.
- Type the router login address www.myrouter.local in the address bar and hit Enter. Alternatively, you can also use the default IP address of the Linksys router to login.
- It will prompt you to enter Linksys router default username and password to log in to your router. If you are unaware of your default login credentials, then you can take help of the user manual. Click on Login button.
- You will be navigated to Smart setup wizard to complete your setup process.
- This wizard is like the control panel of the router. It gives you access to the settings of the Linksys router.
- Complete the setup process by simply following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Setup process is now complete and you may now access to the Linksys router wireless network.
Linksys Router Setup Using Linksys App
This method is also fairly easy and has almost similar steps as the above method. Here, you will make use of an app on your smart phone to login and setup your Linksys router. Let us begin.
- Install Linksys app from Play store or App store as per your phone’s operating system.
- Launch the app and click on Launch setup.
- Tap Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- After this, select Standard WiFi Router.
- Rest all you need to do is complete all the instructions as mentioned on the screen.
- Linksys router setup process is complete.
This is how you configure and setup your Linksys router using web interface and Linksys app. You can always use myrouter.local login to access router account settings and make any changes to your Linksys router. However, we recommend you to have a Linksys cloud account. It helps you to have secure access to your router. It also allows you to access your Linksys router even when you are away from your home.