Ever heard that in the near future, artificial intelligence will replace human workers? Well, there is a truth behind it. However, AI transcription is viewed as a no-brainer. Despite many businesses and enterprises being tempted to use it to save time and money, it is not as effective as human transcription, especially in big corporate companies.
Artificial intelligence is on the rise with the advent of ever-increasing advancements in technology. But some advantages and disadvantages can be observed from implementing artificial intelligence in your enterprises. In this article, we will explore both pros and cons of enterprise transcription service.
Advantages of using AI for enterprise transcriptions.
The AI enterprise transcription use cutting-edge technology known as deep learning, a branch of machine learning that allows you to identify patterns from vast datasets. In other words, it will enable you to sort through thousands of videos and audio recordings that would take human beings years to process. All you have to do is take advantage of the large databases and advanced image recognition technologies for your transcriptions. They include;
- It can handle multiple tasks at once. Most transcription services prioritise accuracy over performance when running transcribed audio files. This method requires constant review of transcribed files and frequently requires the intervention of a third party to resolve any issues that may arise during the process.
- AI transcription can simultaneously handle thousands of audio files while maintaining a consistently high-quality level.
- The AI transcription offers customers multiple options in regards to the format of their transcriptions. For example, web searchable, video transcripts, and even PDF files. Human transcribers cannot complete this task in the same amount of time while maintaining a similar level of accuracy and speed.
- It can handle voice commands and can even transcribe mixed-language recordings. For example, it can differentiate between a to-do list and a do list.
- It is cost-effective in the long run and saves a company both time and money. In addition to that, it provides businesses with the enthusiasm that they are receiving quality transcripts at the end of each transaction.
- It improves customer relations. When companies utilise artificial intelligence for enterprise transcriptions, it allows for faster response time since customers do not have to wait for human assistance to solve their issues. This can lead to a happy customer who will keep coming back to your products or services, thus improving your sales and profits: customer reviews will attract more clients.
Disadvantages of using AI for enterprise transcription.
Just like other software, enterprise transcription service has its cons, but if well managed and instruction followed to the letter, they can be reduced. Below are some of the reasons that make AI transcription a bad idea.
- A company cannot manage the output quantity as compared with a human transcriber. This is because the product it provides is not scalable, meaning it is only useful for a certain number of employees who will use this service and not your company’s entire workforce.
- The AI transcription cannot transcribe some special types of audio recordings. For example, it is unable to handle voice commands that are specific to one customer, such as a child’s voice.
- The AI cannot understand the context of each recording it processes, meaning the quality of transcribed content is affected by how it was recorded and can be lower than expected.
- It cannot process videos. This is because it needs to be streamed on a server to perform its tasks. If you lack that server, you cannot process a video.
- The AI is unable to transcribe audio if there are poor signal qualities. For example, those with low sound levels and poor audio quality. This is because the system must be able to work on poor-quality input signals before creating text from them. It can only transcribe certain audio files based on their sample rates, not all of them.
- It is a very expensive method of transcription because it uses high-performance machines with multiple processors, along with a large amount of data storage and processing required.
- It cannot be used for live events and conferences. For example, it cannot process conference audio before it happens because these recordings are usually either recorded or streamed in real-time. To be precise, you cannot make the AI wait and process the recording until they are all streamed on a server or recorded on a hard drive.
In some cases, AI tools may help you with a few simple tasks like calls. However, they will not be as effective as human transcriptionists for longer-term projects. Before making a solid conclusion on whether or not to use AI for enterprise transcription, compare costs and time benefits. You can also research the benefits of using AI in enterprise transcription service when working on long-term goals as a company; human transcription will still work best.
Read also: Airfood recipe