While setting up internet service for home, most of us invariably end up setting a complete network for entire home. A home network allows all your wireless devices, smart phones, laptops, computer, smart TVs, etc. to a single access point. This whole process is done by means of a router, a modem and the internet service available in your area. These devices are going to take care of providing internet service throughout your home. However, at times there are certain areas in your home where internet signal is adamant to go. No matter what, you don’t get network coverage in certain areas. These WiFi dead zones can be easily taken care of by installing TP-Link extender at your home. It connects wirelessly to your home router and works by further expanding and strengthening its signal to WiFi dead zones. We are presenting this piece of article to get you covered on how to perform TP Link WiFi extender setup entirely on your own using simple steps.
TP-Link Extender Setup Using Web Interface
It is simple and easy to perform the TP-Link extender setup process. It is necessary to perform the setup process rightly in order to have a full functional extender giving optimum performance. This method is also known as manual method of TP-Link extender setup. It involves the usage of web interface to complete the setup process. Let us begin the process.
- Insert the TP-Link extender power cable to the electrical wall inlet to turn it on.
- Wait till the power LED on the extender gets stable.
- Now, you have to establish a connection between the router and the extender using an Ethernet cable.
- After this, launch any web browser of your preference on your computer or laptop.
- Enter the web address http://tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar and hit Enter.
- You will land on official login page where in you need to enter your login details. Type in the default username and password. You can refer to the user manual which you got along with the TP-Link extender.
- This will redirect you to Quick Setup wizard.
- Then keep following the on-screen instructions to complete the TP-Link extender setup process.
This completes your setup process using manual or web interface method. Make sure that you are following the entire process carefully without missing out on any step. Moreover, ensure to use correct web address http://tplinkrepeater.net without any spelling errors. Although this seems funny but most of users are unable to perform setup as they end up making some typos while typing the address.
TP-Link Extender Setup via Tether App
The setup process is pretty easy if you are equipped with right information. Though you can follow the above mentioned setup method easily; however under any circumstances, if you are unable to use this method, then you can go for the next mentioned method.
- Plug in TP-Link extender to the power source and turn it on.
- You will see that LEDs will start blinking and will get settled eventually.
- Now, download Tether app on your smart phone and launch it.
- Use your default username and password to log in.
- You will be redirected to setup wizard and you just have to follow on-screen instructions to setup TP-Link extender.
- TP-Link extender setup process is completed.
That’s it; this is all about getting your TP-Link extender setup. You can now access your extender network. Place your extender near the WiFi- dead zones and you will have internet access in your home. We have provided you information about setting TP-Link extender using manual as well as TP Link app. Also, we have tried to cover all the basic steps involved to set the extender up. All you have to do is opt for the method which suits best for you and setup your TP-Link extender and start accessing the internet happily.