Netgear router can help increase the coverage and range of your current WiFi networks. Thus, with Netgear router, you will be able to have a fast and stable internet connection across your entire home. In order to protect the security of your Netgear router’s WiFi network you need to change the default admin information. But, many Netgear router users don’t remember the admin password that is default to their router.
If you’re also one of those, then you’ve found the correct post. In this post we’ll make you aware of the procedure for changing the Netgear network password. Keep reading!
Netgear Router Password Reset
If you wish to reset your router’s Netgear admin password, you can follow the steps below in exactly order:
- Then switch on your router from Netgear and attach it to the modem of your choice or your access point by using the Ethernet cable.
- Next, start an internet browser on your PC or laptop, and enter routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Press Enter to enter the routerlogin screen.
- Input the details of the router’s login (username as well as password) when asked into the provided fields.
- Click on OK once you’re done.
- This router’s BASIC Home page displays.
- Choose the wireless option.
- Enter the router’s brand new Network name (SSID) in the given
- Enter the new password into the Password (Network Key)field and Click Apply to save the modifications.
Kudos You have successfully changed the administrator password for your router from Netgear. Be sure you include digits, numbers, alphabets, as well as special characters in your password you have created for the netgear password.password. In the event that you have any issue when changing the Netgear username and password for your router, think about resetting your device to factory default values.you could also buy the computer and server for Rent
How to Reset Netgear Router?
There are two simple ways to reset the Netgear router.
- Using the Reset Button
- Using the Router’s Interface
Take a quick look at them one by one:
Using the Reset Button
- First , make sure the power of your Netgear router’s Powerlight is turned on.
- Make sure you disconnect your Netgear router to your access point or modem and the devices that are connected to it.
- On the bottom or back side on your Netgear router, find an opening for factory reset.
- Use a paper clip or pin or another similar objects.
- Hold the router reset hole of the Netgear router by using this object for couple of minutes.
- Open to the Netgear router’s reset button.
- Your Netgear router has been reset successfully.
- Now, log into the administrator panel on your Netgear device by using as the standard password.username as well as the password.
Reset Using the Router’s Interface
- Use a web browser on your computer or laptop in connection with your house WiFi.
- Enter routerlogin.net in the address bar in the web browser field. To avoid problems with login it is recommended to don’t type routerlogin.net into the address bar of the browser on the internet.
You will be asked to log in to your router.
- Enter the Netgear router login information at the prompt and click Log In. In the event that you’ve changed your router login details you should utilize these instead.
- Netgear Genie setup wizard displays.
- Select Advanced. Advanced option.
- Post that in the Router Information section click Reboot.
- Take a few minutes for the Netgear router’s rebootor reset procedure.
- That’s it! It’s done! Netgear router was successfully reset using its web-based user interface.
A Pro-Tip If in the case you find that routerlogin.net is not working to allow you to connect to your login page for the Netgear device, fret not! Make use of your standard Netgear routing IP i.e. 192.168.1.1 to log in to the router, then configure it and modify the default settings.
Are you still unable to complete Netgear router reset password after following the steps above? Don’t worry! We’re here to assist you! Reach us through comments, or relax and let us handle everything.