How to apply car decals correctly (and avoid disasters)
Whether you’re a first-time car decal user or a seasoned pro, there are always a few things to keep in mind when applying your decals to avoid any disasters.
Here are our top tips for applying car decals:
1. Make sure the surface is clean and free of debris before applying your decal. This will help ensure that the decal adheres properly and won’t peel off prematurely.
2. If your decal has multiple parts, apply each piece separately. This will help prevent accidentally applying the wrong part of the decal or misaligning the pieces.
3. Use a credit card or similar tool to smooth out any air bubbles after applying the decal. This will help the decal lay flat and prevent it from peeling off later.
4. Allow the decal to dry completely before washing your car or driving it in the rain. This will help prevent the decal from coming off prematurely.
We hope these tips help you apply your car decals correctly and avoid any disasters!
There’s nothing worse than a poorly applied car decal. If you’ve ever seen one that’s bubbled up or hanging off-center, you know exactly what we mean. The good news is, that it’s not difficult to avoid these disasters if you take the time to do it right.
Here’s how to apply car decals correctly, so you can enjoy your new look for years to come.
1. Start with a clean surface.
Decals will not stick to dirty surfaces, so make sure your car is clean before beginning. Use a mild soap and water solution to remove any dirt, grease, or grime. You may also want to use a degreaser for particularly stubborn areas. Once your surface is clean, allow it to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
2. Make sure the decal is the right size.
Before you start peeling off the backing, double-check that the decal is the correct size for your car. Once it’s applied, you won’t be able to adjust it, so it’s important to get it right from the start.
3. Peel off the backing slowly and carefully.
Start at one corner of the decal and slowly peel back the paper backing. If the decal sticks to the paper, stop and reapply a light layer of soap solution before trying again. Once you have removed the entire backing, proceed to the next step.
4. Position the decal on your car.
Carefully position the decal on your car. Once it’s in place, use a credit card or similar object to smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles. If you need to reposition the decal, carefully lift it off the surface and reapply it as needed.
5. Allow the decal to dry.
After you have applied the decal, allow it to dry for 24 hours before washing your car or driving it in inclement weather. This will help ensure that the decal adheres correctly and doesn’t peel up at the edges.
Enjoy your new car decal!
Now that you know how to apply car decals correctly, you can enjoy your new look without worry! Just be sure to take your time and follow the steps above and you’ll be driving around in style in no time.
1. How do I remove a car decal?
If you need to remove a car decal, start by heating the decal with a hair dryer or heat gun. This will help loosen the adhesive and make it easier to remove. Once the decal is heated, use a razor blade or putty knife to slowly peel it off the surface. If any adhesive residue remains, use a cleaner designed for removing stickers to dissolve it.
2. Can I apply a car decal myself?
Yes, you can apply a car decal yourself as long as you take the time to do it correctly. Be sure to follow all of the steps listed above, and take your time to avoid any accidents. If you’re not confident in your ability to apply the decal, you can always take it to a professional for installation.
Applying car decals correctly is important if you want them to look good and last long. Be sure to follow the tips above, and take your time to avoid any disasters. If you’re not confident in your ability to apply the decal, you can always take it to a professional for installation.