History of Your Aadhaar Updates and Virtual ID
UIDAI, the Aadhaar issuing organization, has made it possible for users to verify their Aadhar update history online via the official website. This one-of-a-kind tool will allow users to view the history of their Aadhaar data updating request. When a person’s address, phone number, or email address changes, it is advisable for him to get it updated. This change is saved in the UIDAI database under the Update Request Number (URN). Moreover, users can have their biometric and demographic information updated offline, and the updated transaction can be viewed online. Therefore, the user is enabled to view their Aadhar update history online.
The process to Check Aadhaar Updates
The UIDAI portal may be used to view the history of Aadhaar updates. To use this service, your mobile number must be registered in the UIDAI database. To check your Aadhaar update history, simply follow these easy steps:
- Visit the UIDAI website.
- From the “Aadhaar Update” section, select the “Aadhaar Update History (Beta)” option.
- Enter your Aadhaar number or virtual ID, as well as the security code.
- Choose whether you want the OTP sent to your registered mobile phone or generated through the mAadhaar app.
- If you click on “Send OTP,” an OTP will be delivered to your Aadhaar-registered mobile number.
- For authentication, input the Time-based OTP produced by the mAadhaar app.
- Enter the OTP
- Press the “Submit” button.
- A list of all update occurrences, regardless of whether they were conducted online/offline or in biometric/demographic data, will be presented on the screen.
Aadhaar Virtual ID
A virtual ID can be used instead of an Aadhaar number. This temporary code is made up of 16 numbers that are created in response to an Aadhaar number. The virtual ID, or VID, cannot, however, be used to recover the genuine Aadhaar card. Only one virtual ID is produced against an Aadhaar number at a time. The user can produce it as many times as they wish. This revocable code is good for at least one day and can be updated when the date changes.
Need for Aadhar Virtual ID
There have been several situations when allegations of Aadhaar data leakage have been raised. People have been concerned about the security of their Aadhaar numbers and personal information. People’s worries were addressed by UIDAI, which created the virtual ID. When users offer virtual IDs instead of Aadhaar, agencies are unable to access the applicant’s Aadhaar number, and authentication proceeds as usual. As a result, the Aadhaar information is not accessible in any way by the authorities, keeping the Aadhaar number and other details safe from being stolen. Holders of Aadhaar can generate the virtual ID and use it to authenticate for a service. Once the authentication is complete, the applicant can renew his Aadhar virtual ID, rendering any information maintained with the agency obsolete.
Advantages of Aadhar Virtual ID
The VID has enabled UIDAI to update its system in a variety of ways. The following are some of the most notable characteristics of the virtual ID:
- The virtual ID is a temporary 16-digit code that will be used to authenticate instead of Aadhaar.
- At any one moment, only one virtual ID is issued. When a new VID is assigned, the old one is removed.
- Agencies must upgrade their systems to integrate VIDs by June 1st, 2018.
- The virtual ID cannot be used to get the Aadhaar number.
- There is no limit to the number of virtual IDs that can be generated.
- It is not required to produce VIDs. Instead of the VID, a person might provide his Aadhaar.
- Agencies may not compel applicants to furnish their Aadhaar numbers for e-KYC or verification.
- Agencies must get the user’s permission before utilizing VID authentication.
- No agency is permitted to keep the virtual ID or any other Aadhaar information obtained for authentication.
- The virtual ID will remain valid until the user produces a new one.
- The last created VID is delivered to the registered mobile number when you recover your Aadhaar.