Men with impotence or the inability to maintain an erection are treated with vardenafil for erectile dysfunction. The class of medications known as phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors includes vardenafil. It works by increasing blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation. The effect of this increased blood flow can be an erection.Vardenafil does not increase libido or treat erectile dysfunction in the UK. Contraception or the spread of sexually transmitted diseases like the HIV virus are not prevented by vardenafil (HIV).
How does vardenafil work?
Vardenafil and other PDE5 inhibitors work to treat ED by increasing the amount of blood that reaches the penis. It is helpful to comprehend the erection process in order to comprehend how these medications function.
• Your brain instructs the blood vessels in your penis to emit a substance called nitric oxide once you become sexually aroused.
• Nitric oxide diffuses within your blood vessels and promotes the synthesis of cGMP, another chemical.
• Your penis’s blood arteries become more relaxed as a result of cGMP, allowing more blood to flow into its tissues.
Vardenafil in the UK blocks the activity of the PDE5 enzyme, which degrades cGMP. By inhibiting this enzyme, more cGMP is made available in your blood vessels, which promotes increased blood flow to your penis.
Some PDE5 inhibitors are also used to treat a disease known as pulmonary hypertension in addition to treating ED.
What should I know about the storage and disposal of this medication?
- Keep this female Viagra tightly closed in the original container and out of the reach of children. Store it away from excessive heat and moisture at room temperature.
- Unwanted prescriptions must be disposed of carefully to prevent pets, kids, and other people from ingesting them. You should not, however, dispose of this medication in the toilet. Instead, utilizing a medicine take-back program is the easiest approach to get rid of your medication. To find out about take-back programs in your area, speak with your pharmacist or the garbage/recycling department in your city.
- As many containers are not child-resistant and are simple for young children to open, it is crucial to keep all medications out of sight and out of reach of children. Always lock safety caps and promptly stash medication up and away from young children where it is out of their sight and reach to prevent poisoning.
What other information should I know?
- Keep all of your doctor’s appointments.
- No one else should take your female Viagra. Any queries you may have regarding medication refills should be directed to your pharmacist.
- You should keep a written record of every medication you take, including any over-the-counter (OTC) items, prescription drugs, and dietary supplements like vitamins and minerals. This list should be brought with you whenever you see a doctor or are admitted to the hospital. You should always have this information with you in case of emergencies.